For the Crust
• Digestive biscuits – 150 grams
• Butter – 75 grams
• Caster sugar – 1 Tablespoon
For the Filling
• Mango puree – 1 cup
• Fresh cream – 200 ml
• Cottage cheese or Cream cheese – 300 grams
• Condensed milk – 1 can
• Gelatin – 1.5 Tablespoons dissolved in 1/4 cup of hot water
For the Glaze
• Mango puree – 1 Cup
• Gelatin – 1 Tablespoon dissolved in 1/4 cup of hot water
1) Crush the biscuits in a dry grinder or blender. You can crush them manually as well and pass it through a sieve for uniformity.
2) Melt butter in a pan, while its hot, get it off flame and add in the crushed digestive biscuits and caster sugar. Mix well.
3) Brush the spring-form pan with little butter on all sides. Add the biscuit mixture and spread evenly packing it, making this the bottom layer. Put it in the refrigerator while the filling is being prepared.
4) Mix all the ingredients of the filling in a blender and pour it over the biscuit layer.
Check for sweetness, since it depends on the fruit puree. If the mangoes are sweet, you wouldn’t need the entire can of condensed milk.
5) Refrigerate it for at least 2 hours before pouring the glaze over it.
6) For the glaze layer, add the dissolved gelatine to the mango puree. Pour this over the filling when it is set.
7) The setting takes about 6-8 hours and it can be prepared a day in advance.