China Grass Pudding
• Milk – 750 ml
• Cream – 250 ml
• Sugar or Condensed milk – to taste
• Vanilla essence – 1/2 teaspoon
• China grass powder – 2 teaspoons
• Saffron – few strands soaked in water
• Chopped Nuts – for garnishing
1) Dissolve the china grass powder in a little milk and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. The powder shall swell and the mix shall become thick.
2) Mix all the ingredients except saffron and chopped nuts in a vessel and bring to a boil.
3) Reduce the flame and continue cooking the milk for a few minutes more.
4) Add a drop of the mix on a plate and give it a minute or two. You will notice it will set instantly and that is when you can switch off the flame.
5) You can pour the prepared mix in individual bowls or a huge serving bowl.
6) Refrigerate for a few hours and garnish with saffron and chopped nuts before serving.