• Olive oil – 4 Tablespoons
• Onion – 1 medium (finely sliced)
• Brown mushrooms – 250 grams (sliced)
• Plain flour – ½ cup
• Boneless chicken – 500 grams (cut lengthwise in strips)
• Chicken stock – 1 cup
• Worcestershire sauce – 2 Tablespoons
• Sour cream – 3 Tablespoons
• Salt – to taste
• Freshly milled black pepper – 1 teaspoon
1) Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large non-stick pan over high heat.
2) Mix flour, salt and pepper in a bowl and lightly coat the chicken strips with the seasoned flour.
3) Cook the chicken strips and keep aside.
4) Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the same pan, add the mushrooms, cook for a few minutes or until tender and set aside.
5) Add another tablespoon of oil to the same pan, add the sliced onions and cook till they are translucent.
6) Return the chicken pieces to the pan and add in the stock and worcestershire sauce.
7) Reduce to low heat and allow to simmer till the chicken has cooked well and the sauce has thickened enough. Add more stock if necessary.
8) Add the mushrooms with salt and pepper.
9) Remove from heat and add the well beaten sour cream.
10) Serve hot with steamed butter rice.