Butta Kadi (Corn Curry)
• Butta (Corn) – 4 (cut in halves)
• Lemons – 15 (small)
• Garlic – 6 cloves (grated)
• Green chillies – 8 (spicy)
• Coconut powder – 15 Tablespoons
• Curry leaves – 10 to 12
• Sugar – 200 grams or more as per taste
• Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
• Oil – 2 Tablespoons
• Water – as needed
1) Heat oil in a pan. Add curry leaves, grated garlic and slit green chillies to hot oil.
2) Do not brown the garlic, but once it is a little soft, add the ginger garlic paste and a cup of water.
3) Mix coconut powder with water well so that no lumps are formed. The mix should be not be very thick nor very thin. It should have a curry like consistency. Add this coconut milk to the pan.
4) Keep stirring it continuously. Once it boils, add lemon juice, sugar and salt to taste. Then add the buttas (corn) to the curry.
5) Once the corn is done, add cornflour mixed with little water to the curry. Bring the curry to a boil. Serve hot.